textPlus is looking for a creative and business-minded VP of Marketing to lead the organization's global branding, positioning, marcom, user acquisition, CRM and PR//Social Media/Corporate Communications. Above all, we're looking for someone who is passionate about, and an expert in, branding and marcom, with experience and skills to oversee the entire suite of marketing disciplines. textPlus, already dominant in the US and Canada with 45 million downloads of its mobile communications service, is expanding internationally and is looking to bring on board someone who's already done this successfully, is passionate about the youth and young adult markets, and has managed a growing business in high growth consumer tech or related sectors.
This role reports to the CMO and will have product marketing, product branding and mar com and CRM reporting into them. Additionally, this role oversees the domestic and global PR & Social Media agencies and strategies.
- quickly evolving textPlus into a global and beloved brand
- product positioning and messaging on a global basis that leads to stealing share in the various markets and on the global playing field
- establishing a through-line of messaging from outward facing marketing communications (ads, copy, website, etc) through the in app experience and bringing the relevant parties in the company on board
- Planning for and managing the team towards tripling the user base in 2013 through innovative and effective user acquisition programs in the US and key regions
- Driving up engagement and retention by focusing CRM initiatives and programs on in app engagement, ARPU, virality
- working with our business development team to identify partner marketing opportunities and building the relationships and programs
- Consumer research (in conjunction with Product Management, as appropriate)
- Overseeing PR goals, strategies and global agencies
- being the voice of the consumer value proposition to the exec team, product management and engineering
- Collaborate with senior executives in the development of short and long term marketing and product plans, including the development of distinctive value propositions and the features sets to support, that align with the Company's resources and solutions with current and anticipated consumer demand including branding, messaging, distribution strategies.
- Work in concert with the SVP Monetization to align product offerings to value propositions and competitive advantage.
- developing distinctive value propositions and positioning, marketing and media campaigns that drive unprecedented awareness and user acquisition.
- Organizational; you and your department will work cross-functionally within the organization to bring to market the strongest consumer portfolio possible.
Most frequent collaboration besides the marketing team and the PR agencies: CPO and the Product Management team, SVP Monetization and the monetization team, C-staff
External: media buying agencies, platform operators, i.e. Google, Apple, industry peers
These are exciting times for textPlus with the US business growing rapidly, international expansion happening simultaneously and the various elements of the business moving dynamically. We look for people to join the company who embrace personal responsibility and have the drive and initiative to get things done, having continuous positive impact on the business and bringing the company along with them. The person in this role should love moving between creative strategy and fact-based analysis and thrive on being the expert in their areas. The company strives to be insight driven and places a high degree of value on ability to assess situations quickly and take action. This is a high energy central role in the company.