- Defines, documents, and leads delivery of our next generation platforms to meet the needs of the business
- Strong communicator that actively bridges conversations between the business and developers
- Works with key company leaders to analyze the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Plans the staged execution of the architecture, keeping existing systems intact while migrating to new systems
- Determines software tools needed (data stores, libraries, protocols) to best implement the vision in the architecture
- Provides guidance to the team during planning, execution, and maintenance of the system.
- Helps team in implementation phase (no, this is not a hands off position.
- Establishes best practices for all levels of execution- code, test, and implementation standards, champion project methodology and best practices
- Experienced in selecting software, infrastructure, tools and standards for project.
- Anticipates technological evolutions
- Experienced in building and maintaining durable and extensible architectures
- BS/MA degree in Computer Science or related field (experience in lieu of degree considered)
- Architect experience with highly transactional, distributed system, preferably in a messaging platform
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team leadership experience