- Lead the design and development of new features and applications on the Android platform. Current focus is on nextplus, the new product; meanwhile we continue to support the old software.
- Work closely with product management and quality teams on feature definition and release milestones, and implement the Business Requirements from the product team into the Android specific implementation.
- Work closely with the design team on designing the UI/UX for Android. Additionally, develop other tools and software to help during the whole process of developing, testing and shipment of the product using scripting languages or dedicated software. For example: tools for gradle builds, testing scripts for calabash, unit test and other scripts written in python for packaging, uploading and cleaning our repositories of artifacts.
- Perform peer code reviews and unit-test to ensure the high-quality and robust code
What we are looking for:
- Successful track record in developing Android applications (SDK, NDK)
- Must have application(s) that are on the Android Market
- Must possess thorough understanding of both client and web application architectures
- Successfully built client server applications using web services with a SOAP/RESTful API
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP APIs (Sockets, HTTP, TCP vs UDP)
- 6+ years of client software development experience (Java, Objective C)
- 3+ years developing Android applications
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- BS in Computer Science or related field (experience in lieu of degree considered).
Special technical skills and profiencies required
- Java Standard Edition required; (Java Micro Edition is a “nice to have”).
- Android experience with HTTP, Threading, UI/UX, Restful.
- Experience on developing and shipping software to a large number of users is required.
- XMPP for messaging application with knowledge of the different connections with the server
- Gradle for Android is a must.
- Multimedia handling on Android of jpeg, png and gif, in addition to audio and video encoding/decoding.
- Experience communicating with a RESTful api with knowledge of XML and JSON parsing.
- Experience with Scrum and XP paradigms of programming, with knowledge on JUnit and Integration tests like Calabash or others.
Nice to have
- Experience in Websockets and being able to modify and create new Stanzas
- Basic SIP knowledge for making VoIP calls, understand the signaling, linphone call stack
- Experience with Database SQLite