Communities are either public or private groups of users, who typically join because the community name or topic interests them. A private community is one where only people invited to join by the community organizer can join. Anyone can join public communities.
Please be sensitive to your safety in communities. Communities, for the most part, are made up of people you may not know. So, avoid sending messages or posting pictures in communities that identify you personally to community members.
We encourage you to take advantage of our Block User Function if someone is bothering you.
Communities are a little like playgrounds. You may very well hear some stuff that you don’t like. If you don’t like what someone is saying, we’ve built into textPlus a tool that lets you block that user -- think of it as a “talk to the hand” feature. When you block a user, you will no longer see community posts from them, and they will not be able to message you at all. We think the block user feature is a great way to solve disputes quickly. Everyone can have opinions, but that doesn’t mean you have to listen to them, right? To block a user, tap their picture, and select “block user”. If you ever change your mind, you can always unblock them later.
We encourage you to be responsible and to respect our communities as well as others participating within our communities. Your conduct should be guided by common sense, basic “netiquette”, and these chat guidelines.
We prohibit any activity, including the creation or posting of material to communities, that:
- Contains or encourages the transmission of sexually explicit images, such as pornographic photographs, computer generated images or pictures (actual or simulated) in profile pictures, messages or community posts.
- Contains or encourages the transmission of explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts.
- Is intended for persons not eligible to use textPlus.
- Constitutes or encourages spam. What constitutes spam will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers.
- Contains material that constitutes direct, specific threats of violence against others.
- Is illegal or otherwise promotes or encourages illegal activities.
- Repeatedly uses language inconsistent with the standards of the relevant community.
- Disrupts the discussion, including repeatedly posting off-topic comments in a topical chat.
- Contains or encourages the transmission of vulgarities directed toward another individual or group.
- Depicts or encourages the depiction of violence in a gratuitous manner.
- Is intended to victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Solicits personal information from a minor (under 18 years old), such as full name, home address, home telephone number, or other identifying information that would enable “offline” contact.
- Facilitates the transfer of software viruses or any other similar disruptive computer code, files or programs.
- Infringes or encourages the infringement of anyone else’s intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, or other proprietary rights.
- Impersonates or represents any person or entity in an attempt to deceive, harass or otherwise mislead another member.
- Attempts to retrieve a password, or other private information from a textPlus user.
- Links to and/or references content not allowed under these guidelines.
- Otherwise uses the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by textPlus.