Right now, Hurricane Sandy is starting to move inland on the East Coast and affect millions of people.
We here at textPlus are thinking of everyone affected by Sandy, so we wanted to share a few quick tips from a number of sources on how to use your mobile phone properly in an emergency.
1) Text, don’t call. It not only helps to save your cell phone battery, it also helps free up wireless networks for emergency calls.
2) Make sure your cell phone is fully charged at all times while you have power. If you have back up chargers or an extra phone battery, make sure those are fully charged in advance.
3. Ensure you have all emergency numbers ready to go in your phone. Remember, you can’t call 911 with textPlus, so you’ll need to use your landline or carrier to do so.
4. If cell service is down in your area, but your home Wi-Fi network is working, switch to Wi-Fi on your phone.
5. You can use textPlus to set up groups to keep your loved ones up to date.
Remember, only use your cell phone when you absolutely need to do so.
For up to date information on Hurricane Sandy, click HERE.
Stay safe textPlusers!