We know you <3 textPlus. We <3 you too! That’s why we want you to have fun texting safely.
However, just like the real world, there are precautions you should take when meeting people -- even on textPlus. So, we wanted to share with you some tips to practice safe texting.
1. Remember people online don’t always who they say they are, so make sure you verify it’s someone you know before you text with them.
2. Keep parents in the loop about your digital pals. If they ask to look at your texts, be cool about it. They’re just trying to make sure you’re OK.
3. Avoid in person meetings unless you know the person. Just like the real world, would you talk to a stranger? Keep the same standards.
4. If you are meeting a textPlus friend, make sure to talk about it with your parents and friends first. Meet them in a public place and never go alone. Safety is in numbers.
5. Of course, if you ever need help, don’t forget that’s what your parents are there for-- to help you out. Talk to them-- you might be surprised with just how cool your parents can be.
In addition, textPlus provides many resources and tools to help you stay safe while texting.
Check out all of our textPlus safety tips here.
There are also plenty of articles in our support center to help you out along the way:
+ Learn how to control privacy on your profile here.
+ Learn how to block someone from texting you here.
+ Learn how to manage your privacy in communities here.
+ Learn how to flag and report inappropriate content and behavior here.
+ You can also report suspicious behavior at email@example.com
How do you practice safe texting? Let us know by commenting below.
- Ilan Goldman, Chief Security Officer